Re: Default location for tnsnames.ora

From: <CHUCK_HAMILTON_at_qvc.com>
Date: Wed, 3 May 2000 11:31:59 -0400

There are several locations it looks in if no TNS_ADMIN variable exists= .
One is $ORACLE_HOME/network/admin. /etc is another.

--
Chuck Hamilton
QVC Inc.

                                                                       =

=20
"Walter K." =
=20
<alden14004_at_y To: Multiple recipients of= list ORACLE-L <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com> =20 ahoo.com> cc: (bcc: CHUCK HAMILTON/Q= VC) =20 Ext: NA Subject: Default location = for tnsnames.ora =20 Sent by: =
=20
root_at_fatcity. =
=20
com =
=20
=
=20
=
=20
05/01/00 =
=20
07:04 PM =
=20
Please =
=20
respond to =
=20
ORACLE-L =
=20
=
=20
=
=20
On a system I used to work on (HP-UX 11.0), the tnsnames.ora file was stored in /etc. My question is, where is it specified that this path i= s the location to use for reading this file? No link existed for $ORACLE_HOME/network/admin/tnsnames.ora to redirec= t=A0it to /etc. No TNS_ADMIN variable is being used.