Re: Choice of DB for a web application

From: Keith Moore <kmoore_at_zephyrus.com>
Date: Tue, 02 May 2000 11:49:08 -0500

If it's an application that you are creating, then I'd go with the latest version of Oracle 8i (8.1.6). The others are just previous versions of the same database.

I know that 8.1.6 has the latest version of the Java Virtual Machine (1.2.2 I think) and other Java improvements.

Keith

// Keith Moore
// Zephyrus Software, Inc.
// Oracle, Java, C/C++ consulting