Sqlloader: Can data be loaded unsorted?

From: harkness <harknes_at_HSD.UTC.COM>
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 1996 11:16:24 -0500

When loading data with SQLLOAD, can the loader be told to leave the order of the input records unchanged?

Example/ I have a text file that has a list of records. A later record in the file, in many cases, updates a previous record. Therefore, the order in which the data is loaded is very important.

I've tried just a simple load of the data. That did not work, I believe, because of the way that Oracle manages free space in blocks, etc.

Any help would be appreciated.

TIA Dave Harkness
harknes_at_hsd.utc.com

--