Re: Visual Basic and Oracle -Reply -Reply -Reply

From: Wayne Hofman <whofman_at_QCI.COM>
Date: Sun, 3 Mar 1996 21:11:22 -0600

Lewis Payton wrote:

> Poster: Lewis Payton <PAYTOLN_at_SMTPGATE.DUC.AUBURN.EDU>
> Subject: Re: Visual Basic and Oracle -Reply -Reply -Reply
>

> Hi,
>
> Thanks for the reply.
>
> We are using Oracle 6.0 and Forms 3 because it feeds a central Navy
> system that uses Oracle 6.0.
>
> All I want to do is import the data as a flat file into Lotus Approach 96
> which supposedly reads Oracle files .... not..... without buying another
> programs from Oracle first though..

Approach does not read oracle datafiles to the best of my knowledge, it does allow you to connect to an Oracle datasource using ODBC thru SQL*Net.

> I would be happy if someone could tell me how to just Export our ORacle
> 6 tables as a Flat File, either a DBF format or even ASCII
> Lewis

You can simpley create a SQL statement that selects the data you want and write to an ASCII text file using SQL*Plus
ie

SELECT <column_name> || ';' || <column_name> FROM <table_name>;

Hope this is helpful

Wayne

GO Gators!!! Received on Sun Mar 03 1996 - 22:23:15 CST