SupportNotes Installation

From: Fred Miller <fred_miller_at_MERCK.COM>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 1996 09:59:57 EST

Hey All,

Has anyone out there ever successfully installed SupportNotes from Oracle? The last THREE versions I have received have all failed to install from the CD.

The symptoms are as follows, when the progress window appears a status line shows "Oracle SupportNotes %display_version%" - obviously a variable is missing. When the progress bar reachs 100% an error pops up, "SUPNOTES.ins(80): Unbound environment variable 'OB22'"

SupportNotes is now shown as installed in the "Installed Products" window and it can't be un-installed because more errors come up when I attempt to do so. When I launch the product, none of the bookshelves are there - so its useless...

Any clues?

Thanks,

-Fred Miller
 Sr. DBA
 Merck & Co., Inc.
 millerf_at_merck.com Received on Tue Jan 30 1996 - 10:53:10 CST