System privileges question

From: James Russel <jrussel_at_MAIL.STATE.MO.US>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 1996 10:35:35 -0600

I had a user come to me and adm me to grant access to his many tables to other people. He didn't want to have to code up grants for each table. Instead he wondered if I could do it under the schema of 'system'. I checked and couldn't find a way to do this. In the end he had to create grants for each table/view/synonym.

Does anyone know of a way to set system up so it can do this type of function? I was able to perform such function in DB2 by simply using the sysadm id. It had all such abilities.

Thanks in advance. Received on Tue Jan 30 1996 - 12:47:08 CST