Re[2]: Oracle Foreign Key Question

From: AMY LEONE <AMY_LEONE_at_FMSO.NAVY.MIL>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 1996 08:55:37 -0500

Hi Oracle Masters,

   I don't know what is mutating table problem, will you please explain about it. I seen this word when I am trying to refere a table in the data base trigger which is on that table, I am getting an error saying that mutating error. I did't understand the problem.

Ch. Srinivas
CMC Limited
Hyderabad
India

Ch -

    It's my understanding that you can't make changes to the     table that the trigger fires on. "Mutating" means the     table is in the process of changing. Your trigger can     only make changes to other tables, not the one that     causes it to fire.