Re: Status of Forms 3.0.16?

From: Jan Baumgras, 566 Bldg., 6-0443 <jbaumgras_at_DOW.COM>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 1996 11:37:13 -0500

snip>>
Hasn't Forms 3.0.16.xxx and Reports 1.1.14.xx been officially "desupported"?

We have a potential client telling us they want to re-engineer a FileMaker app into those products!

Any clue as to the status of CASE 5.0.22? end snip>>

Forms 3 and Report 1 are de-supported. You can call and ask questions if you have extended support for these products, but no fixes will be done. Even that level of support will no longer be available after the end of 1996. While Forms 3.0 is very stable and pretty bug-free, being out of support means no patches for any problems you do encounter and no guarantees that the systems will continue to function if you upgrade your os or anythingalong those lines. Getting off Filemaker may be a good idea for your situation, but moving to Forms 3 and Report 1 is probably unwise for anything you'll want to run for more than a few months. I occasionally have users who want new development done in Forms 3.0, but I discourage them unless it's fast development of a temporary solution.

Not sure about de-support of CASE 5.0, but, given that it generates Forms 3 etc., I'd bet it's on just about the same schedule for the trash can.

Jan Received on Mon Jan 22 1996 - 12:13:40 CST