Re: Major GPF Problem in Dev2K v1.2

From: Alain Vullyamoz <vz_at_OFISA.CH>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 1996 18:19:36 GMT

>Greetings,
>
>We have been advised by support that there is a bug (which we have painfully
>experienced) that causes a GPF in Forms (4.5.6.5.5) when you run an
>application and invoke CALL_FORM or OPEN_FORM several times.
>
>That means that our production system which runs from a main form via menu
>items is unusable because as a user selects different menu options to
>execute (each tied to a form) they GPF somewhere between the 2nd and 10th
form!!

Hi Powell,

We also use a main menu from which we "CALL_FORM" the other forms. We sometimes get a GPF in DE15WIN.DLL but currently didn't find any solution to that problem.
Seems better (much less GPF) with NT Workstation as a client.

Is DE15WIN the same module in which your users get GPF ?

Did support give you any workaround ?

Are we supposed to get a patch ?

TIA

Alain Vullyamoz                                 tel   : +41 21 341 81 11
Ofisa Informatique                              fax   : +41 21 341 84 57
Chemin des Charmettes 7                         e-mail: vz_at_ofisa.ch
CH 1003 Lausanne - Switzerland Received on Mon Jan 22 1996 - 12:43:41 CST