Monitoring table locks

From: Gary Mason <garym_at_INTONET.CO.UK>
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 1996 16:03:49 GMT

A question for all DBA's,

Can anyone tell me how to monitor which tables a user is locking and the mode in which they are being locked? I seem to remember the V6 monitor used to show all of this information in a single screen.

I have looked at the Oracle Server Utilities manual for SQL*DBA, which says that yo can use the lock monitor and then the table monitor. Maybe I'm missing something, but the lock monitor shows the session, resource id and mode, and the table monitor shows the session and table name. So, for example, if session 7 has resources 2 RX and 3 X shown as locked in the lock monitor, and tables emp dept and sal accessed in the table monitor, how do you know which are locked and in which mode? Is there a way to connect resource id's to tables?

Please mail me directly - I'll summarize this when complete.

TIA Gary Mason (garym_at_intonet.co.uk) Received on Sat Jan 20 1996 - 18:53:13 CST