Re: Oracle System management products

From: Mladen Gogala <gogi_at_ASTER.SI>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 1996 10:36:34 +0100

Hi!
On Jan 18, 9:32am, Hua, Johnny (AFCN) wrote:
> Subject: Oracle System management products
> G'day to all again, we are planning to introduce Oracle Financials on HP UX.
> Would anyone out there have any experience and comment on the Oracle
> management products from BMC, Platinum and Tivoli? We would like to have a
> management tool which interfaces with HP Openview.
>
> TIA for any help.
>
> Johnny Hua at FAO of the UN, Italy
>
> johnny.hua_at_fao.org
>-- End of excerpt from Hua, Johnny (AFCN)
I've tried patrol, and it's a good tool. It interfaces not only with OpenView but also with Cabletron Spectrum and Unicenter from CA. It has had some problems with VMS agent on Alpha, but it has been resoved by now. The nice thing
about patrol is that they have so called "knowledge module" for oracle, so the knowledge for DBA is already part of the product. Interface is the same across the platforms supported, so when you learn it once, you can use it wherever neccessary.
In general:about BMC Patrol nothing but the best. Hope this helps!

--
Mladen Gogala
ASTER Ljubljana

Tel  : ++386 61 1683-511                 Snail-mail:
FAX  : ++386 61 1683-165                 ASTER Ljubljana
Email: gogi_at_aster.si                     Nade Ovcakove 1
WWW  : www.aster.si                      61000 Ljubljana
                                         Slovenia