Re: Installing Oracle7 on an RS6000...Help

From: Darrel Johnson <darrel.johnson_at_CITICORP.COM>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 1996 17:55:27 -0500

I have just been working with rs60000 and oracle for about a year now. I have installed Oracle 7.0.16 and 7.1.4 on machines running AIX 3.2.5 The first time that I did an install, it took about 6 hours. After that the first couple it only takes 2-3 hours. The install manual is pretty good. Make sure that you have your directories set up with the right owners and privileges. If you want I could send you a rough idea of the steps that I go through. Let me know if you would like these.

good luck

darrel Received on Wed Jan 10 1996 - 18:14:44 CST