Forms 4.5 - Requerying a form programmatically -Reply

From: Kenny Yu <KYu_at_MAIL.NBME.ORG>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 1996 14:21:06 -0500

>From Chip DePaul:

once enter-query mode is established via the built-in "enter_query" no further pl/sql will be executed until the user either cancel's or executes the query. so 2 calls to enter_query will not work.

to re-query a form from the previous query, simply parse :system.last_query for the "WHERE" clause(hint: use instr and substr functions), then use a pre-query trigger to replace or append to the default where clause for the block. additionally check for "ORDER BY" in :system.last_query as well. other than that, a new built in from oracle would be nice....maybe "execute_previous_query"

>>> Doug Card <cardd_at_NRGBARRIERS.COM> 01/04/96 08:27am >>>
I wish to emulate the keystrokes f7, f7, f8, programmatically from within forms 4.5. These correspond to enter-query, enter-query, execute-query. I need to do this when I wish to programmitically requery a form, using the previous query selection entered by the user. Has anyone successfully been able to implement a solution to this. Any suggestions would be appreciated! Received on Wed Jan 10 1996 - 14:39:46 CST