DBMS_OUTPUT Package -Reply

From: Kevin Kennedy <Kevin_Kennedy_at_WP.PGN.COM>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 1995 09:37:01 -0800

Your question got truncated, so I don't know exactly what the problem is, but I suspect that your serveroutput buffer is too small. At least that is the problem we had most often when starting to use the DBMS_OUTPUT package.

The solution in SQL*PLUS is to use a bigger buffer. This is done by adding the size parameter to the command as follows:

SET SERVEROUTPUT ON SIZE 12000 A 12000 byte buffer solved our problems. You might want to experiment with smaller sizes if you run out of memory or larger sizes if you continue to get the buffer overrun error.

Kevin Kennedy (kevin_kennedy_at_pgn.com) Portland General Electric Received on Thu Mar 16 1995 - 17:49:25 CST