Re: trace file perm

From: Leng Kaing <leng_at_COUGAR.VUT.EDU.AU>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 1995 12:15:35 +1000

> Another option is to use an Undocumented INIT.ORA parameter,
> '_trace_files_public'.
>
> Set it to TRUE in your init.ora file.
>
> Oh by the way, I think this is an Oracle 7 'feature'

Tony & co.,

I've tried both setuid and the parameter to no avail. The trace files remain accessible by oracle only. After security considerations, I think it best left this way.

Thanks for the replies anyhow.
Leng.

--

Leng Kaing, Software Consultant, VUT - Footscray Campus Dept of IT & S, PO Box 14428 MMC, Melbourne 3000, Australia Tel:(03)688-4368 Fax:(03)688-4800 Email:Leng=Kaing_at_vut.edu.au Received on Mon Mar 13 1995 - 20:33:30 CST