Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » USB Finger Print Reader (Forms 6i)
USB Finger Print Reader [message #587626] Mon, 17 June 2013 09:04 Go to next message
imrangaslam
Hi
Hello Everyone

I have my own design employee time attendance application which i design in oracle forms 6i and oracle database 9i. Now I bought one USB fingerprint reader so I can attached this device to my application. I want every employee to scan there finger in my reader and I will record there attendance. Please let me how I can configure this device in my form. I will be very thankful to you.

If you need any other information please let me know.

Regards
Imran
Re: USB Finger Print Reader [message #587656 is a reply to message #587626] Mon, 17 June 2013 15:22 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
I don't know the answer to your question.

However, I can try to explain what we did in a similar situation. We bought time attendance access control system (works with chip cards or manually, by typing username/password). As a part of that contract, vendor provided piece of software that reads device's internal database, creates a CSV file and stores it on our server. It is scheduled to run every 3 minutes. The same scheduled job then loads CSV file into our Oracle database, making data available to anyone interested (and, of course, privileged).

Sorry for not being able to actually help; I tried to Google for that, but didn't manage to find anything useful. You could try with search the board for "serial port" and see what people said previously, but these will mostly be questions, rarely answers.
Previous Topic: Looping the Records with the Check Box Value
Next Topic: Client_host on Oracle 11g(AIX)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 19:00:12 CDT 2024