Re: Not in Italy (was: Book with Oracle 9i Trial)

From: GreyBeard <Fuzzy.GreyBeard_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 01 Mar 2005 03:20:39 GMT

On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 21:20:20 +0000, Maurizio BELLANTONE wrote:

> I contacted Oracle sites in Italy they told me that I need a full license in
> order to buy CD Packs.
> Online store.oracle.com cannot sell to another country.
> So, ... there are any books with a Trial edition of Oracle 9i on CD ?
> Thank you.

There are no current books with the Oracle product set on CD. The complete CD set currently consists of over a dozen CDs.

If the download is too difficult, the best legal alternative is to go to the Technet site (http://otn.oracle.com), click on 'Downloads' and sign up for the 'Tech Tracks'. While a bit expensive (USD$199), this comes with a complete set of CDs and you get 2 to 3 sets over 12 months.

Another alternative is to check eBay periodically. Over time, I've see all the complete CD packs - Apps, Database, App Server, etc. - for sale there, but I suspect the sale may not be totally legal.

FGB Received on Mon Feb 28 2005 - 21:20:39 CST