Re: Oracle backup/recovery

From: Dale DeRemer <dderemer_nospam_at_agmc.org>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2005 11:30:37 -0500

Thanks, but I don't use RMAN. We just go into backup mode, and then use Veritas to backup the disks. Once the backup is complete, we come out of hotbackup mode.
Given that kind of arranagement, do you have any suggestions for further research.
We are an odd place. We have a lot of nice stuff, but virtually no test bed. (Not my choice, nor my recommendation).
Anyway, I'm very concerned that one day I'll have to rebuild from just a hotbackup and logfiles with no cold backup baseline.