Re: ORA-12699 only in the server?

From: F.X. Gil Martin <fgil_at_spoc.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2005 12:59:43 +0100

"Rauf Sarwar" <rs_arwar_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1109588899.716809.133920_at_z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com...

> F.X. Gil Martin wrote:
> > "Rauf Sarwar" <rs_arwar_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message

> for
> > > Windows.
> configuration, we
> > > cannot
> > > because it
> connect
> seems to
> > > be
> clue.

> > > TNS-12699 Native service internal error
> > > Cause: An internal error occurred in the native services component.
> > > Action: Enable tracing to determine the exact error. Contact Oracle
> > > Support Services.
> >
> > And can you please tell me how can I enable tracing without
> connecting to
> > the server??
> >
> > Thanks in advance
> > ---
> > Francesc X. Gil
>
> Could you post the contents of sqlnet.ora file that resides on your
> server. Also, have you checked the database alert log file.

Hi, apparently it's been enough to guide me to the sqlnet.ora :-) . I've taken a look at it and compared with the client's one and saw that on the server we had:

SQLNET.AUTHENTICATION_SERVICES= (NTS) while in the clients we had

SQLNET.AUTHENTICATION_SERVICES= () I've made the change in the server and now everything seems to be working perfectly. Thank you very much for your time and advice.

---
Francesc X. Gil