Problem with "Host Command" in Form4.5 with XP

From: BuMohammad <bumohammad_at_gmail.com>
Date: 27 Feb 2005 21:48:38 -0800

Hi all,

Could you help me on this, we are moving to XP and we are facing a problem.

I'm calling a program the HOST command from my form(4.5).

The program is that when I run my program on NT, once the host command is executed, everything is on suspend until it is finished, which is the way it should be and the way I want it. BUT in XP I have problem that occurs at this point, when the HOST command runs, it continues without finishing the process of
the program called, it should be waiting until I'm done with it, like in NT.

I tried two ways, which both are not ok. 1)
Begin
 host('cntTest.exe'); -- a test programe to count to 1 million.  change_alert('count is done'); --a procedure to diplay a message. End;

2)
Begin
  host('cmd /c "start /WAIT cntTest.exe"');   change_alert('count is done');
End;

Thanks,
BuMohammad, Received on Sun Feb 27 2005 - 23:48:38 CST