Problem in Database Migration for Views

From: TheanKeong <theankeong_at_gmail.com>
Date: 27 Feb 2005 18:29:47 -0800

Hi,

I am currently in research study in Migrating my current DB from ASA to Oracle 10G.

I have problem migrating my views to Oracle. One of my view looks something like this,

create view dbo."v_ar_sales_analysis" as

select jd_date as Invoice_Date,
IFNULL(jd_debit,0.0,jd_debit) as Debit_Amount,
IFNULL(jd_credit,0.0,jd_credit) as Credit_Amount,

(Credit_amount - Debit_Amount) as Amount,
FROM dbo.jrn_dtl

*jd_debit,jd_credit are columns for jrn_dtl table

I have modified the view to

create or replace view dbo."v_ar_sales_analysis" as select jd_date as Invoice_Date,
NVL(jd_debit,0.0) as Debit_Amount,
NVL(jd_credit,0.0) as Credit_Amount,
(Credit_amount - Debit_Amount) as Amount, (->Error happens in here)
FROM dbo.jrn_dtl

When i tried to execute the statement in ISQL, i got the following error invalid IDENTIFIER Debit_Amount

Is it true that NVL only supports table columns ? Because if i use the table columns, i do not have problem..

Pls advise
Kwan Received on Sun Feb 27 2005 - 20:29:47 CST