Re: Question on "Non-Mergeable View"

From: Thomas Kyte <tkyte_at_oracle.com>
Date: 26 Feb 2005 12:23:37 -0800

In article <1109396690.124138.257080_at_g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>, nekkalapudi.siva_at_gmail.com says...

>This view has a performance issue as this view is not mergeable
>We need to make the view so that performance issue is eliminated

but it appears the predicate is "pushed" in your plan -- for a query like

select * from v where x = :y;

the results are the same whether you got predicates pushed or view "merged"

why do you think view merging is necessary in this case? The view step is adding nothing to the runtime performance in this case as the predicates are pushed way inside the view.

--
Thomas Kyte
Oracle Public Sector