Re: Need Help For Search Engine...

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2005 11:36:57 +0100

On 26 Feb 2005 01:32:36 -0800, "Ariji Chatterjee" <arijitchatterjee123_at_yahoo.co.in> wrote:

>Dear Faculties,
>I am going to incorporate a search engine in oracle with VB front
>end.Now I need a guidance...
>
>Scenario:
>--------
>If I am giving the search for "Oracle" then I need to use the Like
>Clause in filter portion.But If I serach for "Oracle Queries and
>Solutions" then the filter section will start to search for continuous
>field "Oracle Queries and Solutions".
>But I want to search each word separately like google search
>engine.Please give some guidelines,how to move.
>Thanks in advance..
>Regards
>Arijit Chatterjee

Read the Oracle Intermedia Manual, or the Oracle Context Manual, or whatever it is called in your version (you don't post) The other alternative would evidently be to hire a consultant.

Please do not post such generic questions, forcing people to abstract manuals, prior to do executing any research of your own.

--
Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA