Re: DWBR and dirty buffers

From: Noons <wizofoz2k_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2005 11:01:24 +1100

Jonathan Lewis apparently said,on my timestamp of 25/02/2005 5:53 PM:

> Naive question, but did you give Oracle some time
> to do the writes after the switch/checkpoint ?

It's been about half a day since the last log switch.

> It is interesting that you don't have any PIs in
> your report. Is your RAC system active/passive,
> or is it very clearly split by function ? Do you

Not much split at all. Load balancer in action and just about everyone acts on everything. But not much action at the moment: end of development on this database, everyone moved on to testing. Just a couple of us doing clean-up tasks and doing some fine tuning of weird and wonderful PL/SQL.

Cripes, I wish I had the 10g regular expressions on hand: doing text cleanup on 9i without them is murder. Yes, I know about Tom's regular expression library. Doesn't help.

> normally see some PIs if you run the query
> outside the scope of this test.

First time I ran this type of query. Didn't bother with this at all until the OP raised it. Interesting results.

--
Cheers
Nuno Souto