Resolved ORA-27302 error, but how to fix?

From: ohaya <ohaya_at_cox.net>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 08:08:57 -0500

Hi,

I have Oracle 9i running on a Solaris 9 system. Yesterday, when trying to startup one of the database instances using OEM, I was getting an ORA-27302 error (along with some others). There was also an ORA-27301 error among them.

I tried to diagnose the problem, checking disk space, etc., but that looked ok. Since the instance wasn't even started, I couldn't even look at the parameters, etc.

Just on a hunch (and some desparation), I shutdown several of the other test instances that I noticed were running, and tried to startup the instance I wanted, and I was surprised to find that it started up ok.

I gather that the original problem actually was due to Oracle running out of some resource, but I'm wondering if anyone can tell me how do I track down which one or ones need to be increased?

I know that the system/kernel parameters were configured per the Oracle installation guide.

Do I just bump ALL of the parameters up, hoping that that fixes the situation?

Thanks in advance,
Jim Received on Fri Feb 25 2005 - 07:08:57 CST