Re: Oracle 10g crash when calling getBlob

From: Frederic <fh_at_ionicsoftDOTcom>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 09:11:29 +0100

DA Morgan wrote:
> Frederic wrote:
>

>> Hi,
>>
>> I have a table with a Blob column. When I do a getBlob in a plsql
>> cursor on my column, I get 3113 Oracle error after a certain amount of
>> record. Do I need to close or flush the handle I got on that blob
>> object ?
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Frederic

> What you need to do is identify your operating system and post your code
> to get any help.
>
> But my guess is you are running on Solaris or HP/UX and the kernel
> parameters were not configured per the installation documentation.
So, we tested it on

Red Hat Enterprise Linux ES release 3 (Taroon Update 2), using Oracle Database 10g Enterprise Edition Release 10.1.0.2.0 - Prod

the code is simple, a cursor on a table which has a column declared as XMLContent SYS.XDBURITYPE
and in the loop, call

select XDBURITYPE(blabla).getBlob () into bb from dual;

in fact, we have a java application that do the same and the pga is growing infinitely (until oracle process crash), so we wanted to test it   as the lowest level, plsql procedure.

If in the loop, we simply

select XDBURITYPE(blabla) into aa from dual;

it's ok.

Thanks

Frédéric Received on Fri Feb 25 2005 - 02:11:29 CST