Re: oracle replaces ISO-8859-1 characters with question marks

From: <noah_at_noah.org>
Date: 24 Feb 2005 14:23:26 -0800

It was a client issue. Everything worked from the command-line sqlplus when I set the environment variable:

    export NLS_LANG=american_america.WE8ISO8859P1 It's strange that Oracle didn't set this up along with all the other environment
variables it configured during the install. Maybe someone in our organization deleted it from the environment.

I'm accessing the database from PHP so I have to set the NLS_LANG environment variable before I start Apache.

Yours,
Noah Received on Thu Feb 24 2005 - 16:23:26 CST