Re: Would be really nice if...

From: Haximus <e_at_t.me>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 21:01:48 GMT

> You completely missed the point of the demo.
>
> In one case two columns are returned ... in the other case three.

Yes I got that, I just thought it was pointless because you, as a highly-paid IT professional, are paid to understand there are repercussions when altering structures and schemas. If for some reason a new column mysteriously pops up in table structure, as in your demo, it's because someone else has control of your databases and is doing things that you as the designer and modeler probably don't want them doing (without your guidance). I could make a demo showing that deleting a column can break everything, it would have about the same significance as your demo because it's a 'no-brainer.'