Re: Error compiling obfuscated code in Oracle 10g

From: Rich <rfried_at_visto.com>
Date: 24 Feb 2005 11:20:58 -0800

Update:

It's not the wrapped files, but the sql*plus. I was using the 8i sql*plus client, and THAT was failing. Following our DBA, I switched to the 10g sql*plus client, and it worked.

I had assumed that, since the pl/sql editor is interpreting the wrap, then the sql*plus version would not matter. Alas. Looks like the old version of sql*plus munges the bits (ie, identifier too long), and chokes.

So, we can compile via 10g sql*plus, but we also use ANT, so we'll have to figure that out as well...

Thanks, everyone! Received on Thu Feb 24 2005 - 13:20:58 CST