Re: Would be really nice if...

From: Haximus <e_at_t.me>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 03:05:17 GMT

> Oracle's heirarchical queries predated most of the standards. It would be
> silly for them to retract something after it's become popular.

If you rely on such features and develop products with multi-vendor support in mind it's not a trivial thing, though I definitely prefer Oracle's syntax to the standard way. I also prefer not to have to type select lists of 97 columns for a table that has 98... you can call me lazy, for that matter perhaps we should go back to keeping records on clay tablets, because all this modern technology stuff is really just rewarding the 'lazy' ;) Received on Wed Feb 23 2005 - 21:05:17 CST