Re: 10g, RH4 and AMD64

From: Victor Oosterbaan <voosterbaan_at_desyde.nl>
Date: 23 Feb 2005 03:51:13 -0800

DA Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu> wrote in message news:<1109137288.673143_at_yasure>...
> oracle _ man_at_yahoo.com wrote:
>
> > Anyone doing 10.1, RH4 and AMD64? If so, please send me a link to some
> > resources for install, admin, etc....
>
> Not certified yet AFAIK. I'd wait for 10gR2.

Well, it is and it isn't.

Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4 = Unbreakable Linux, and Oracle stated that all versions of UL are standard supported.

Found a note somewhere on metalink saying exactly this, but the certification matrix does not reflect that (yet).

We are trying (almost) the same thing;
RHEL4, Oracle 10.1.0, App.Server forms & reports 10g. Only then with xeon-processor, not amd64. Goes well up to the installation of forms and reports. lots of weird errors i cannot seem to work around..

don't have any documentation though, just be sure you have all the required packages (probably newer versions) before starting the oracle-installation.

If you do not have access to the red-hat-support page, try this one; rpmfind.net

good luck!

Greetings,
Victor. Received on Wed Feb 23 2005 - 05:51:13 CST