Re: cursor result return

From: Cris Carampa <cris119_at_operamail.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 09:29:33 +0100

DA Morgan wrote:

>> Doesn't it depend upon the number of columns selected? It takes 7
>> seconds here (9.0.1.3 on Linux) for a "select * from 4352-rows-table"
>> and 1/3 second for a "select 1 from same-table".
>>
>> Kind regards,

> Unbelievably slow.

I was talking about typing "select * from test_table" in SQL*Plus and waiting for all the rows to scroll across the screen, not about running the PL/SQL block. Of course the PL/SQL block is faster. I tried your code and got the same timing as you (BTW the OP's PL/SQL block took 588 seconds to complete, so my guess was that 9 seconds was the time taken by SQL*Plus to display 4000 records on the screen, which seems to me an acceptable time if * = <lot of columns>).

Kind regards,

--
Cris Carampa (cris119_at_operamail.com)

"Torna il re. Prosegue l'attesa per fante e cavallo."
(da "Umanità Nova" n. 14 del 21 aprile 2002)