Re: Searching for the Holy Grail... Glogin.sql

From: Noons <wizofoz2k_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: 22 Feb 2005 22:35:01 -0800

bob-metelsky wrote:

> set tabs off does nothing for my display
>
> set wrap off seems to be an significant improvement, but id still

like

> ^^^^^^^^^^^^
> the entry for screen buffer length and width. also, how does one
handle
> the screen length and width in cmd shell or unix shell where there is

> no drop down selection? Hence my search for the "holy grail"...

Sorry, I misunderstood your question.
Dunno about *nix, but on cmd shell (windoze NT) I created a shortcut for sqlplus line mode with the following:

Target:C:\ora10g\bin\sqlplus.exe
Start in: C:\work
Layout:
screen buffer size width:133
screen buffer size height:200
window size width: 133
window size height: 40
and a font of:Lucida Console, 12

This seems to work well with large (133) lines and if I need to shrink the window the horizontal scrollbar pops up and I can still see the line width unbroken. I'd say if you increase the screen buffer size width to whatever you want to match linesize and leave the window size width at 133, it should work. Just save the settings for all sessions and the shortcut can now be copied/renamed
to other sessions.
Ie, I don't use glogin to control the window size in line mode other than to define the linesize. It's all done by the windoze shortcut beyond that.

HTH Received on Wed Feb 23 2005 - 00:35:01 CST