Re: Standby database, archive logs only get shipped once

From: Joel Garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 22 Feb 2005 15:51:08 -0800

platform, version? reopen, maxfailure? Stacking up alter.. archive commands?

Maybe we can get some clues from the trace file. Sounds like it's got brain-damaged error handling.

I've seen weirder things happen when the RFS process gets hosed by a glitch in the network. Support couldn't help me, one time had to resetlogs and recreate the standby. YMMV.

After 3 times in 3 months, customer had me write a simple log shipper.

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
Rigorous background checks... of totally fraudulent businesses: