Re: create view cross tables

From: Mark C. Stock <mcstockX_at_Xenquery>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 15:00:38 -0500

<zibinyang_at_gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi all,
> When I tried to use create view as select from a,b,c
> it's show me the error says ORA-00942: table or view does not exist
> but when I use select from a,b,c it does return some records.
> what's could be the problems?
> a,b,c table are in differnce scheam. is this because I do not have
> rights to create view?
> Thanks
>
> Zibin

when you base a view on objects from other schemas, your schema/account must have directly granted object privileges... likely, you have object privileges granted via a role, which allow SQL statement access, but do not allow creation of dependent objects (like views, procedures, functions, and packages)

++ mcs Received on Mon Feb 21 2005 - 14:00:38 CST