How to recover a partial database with duplicate option ?

From: David <david.lebouvier_at_NOSPAM-free.fr>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 18:21:20 +0100

Hi

I've got a production database that is more than 1 TB A full RMAN backup is taken every sunday, and archived logs are backup every day also with RMAN.

Is there a way to recover on the same host with the duplicate command, a partial database with system tablespace (of course) but not all users tablespaces (so for example a 300 GB database only).

I've found that we can skip read only tablespace, but what about skipping other tablespaces or datafiles what are nor necessary for the recover ?

I try this but it does not work!
RMAN> run {

2>      allocate auxiliary channel ch1 type 'sbt_tape';
3>      allocate auxiliary channel ch2 type 'sbt_tape';
4>
5>      duplicate target database to dup
6>      skip tablespace 'TEST'
RMAN-00558: error encountered while parsing input commands
RMAN-01005: syntax error: found "tablespace": expecting one of: "readonly" RMAN-01007: at line 10 column 7 file: duplicate_DUP_without_TEST_TB

Thanks a lot,
David, Paris Received on Mon Feb 21 2005 - 11:21:20 CST