Re: Oracle Object Types and Java (migrating from mod_plsql)

From: Thanatos <thanatic_at_telstra.com>
Date: 20 Feb 2005 20:44:06 -0800

>bottom line, the htp stuff isn't hugely expensive here -- why not
measure it?
>See what amount of time you spend doing

>a) sql
>b) plsql

Thanks for your ideas. But now I don't feel like getting up in the morning because of the asteroid :-)

I guess I can prepare 2 versions of a page in our application. Typically a "results" page.

v1: Generates the page with all necessary sql but not actually serve it via htp

v2: The standard page which generates and serves it via htp.

Assuming they are called:
procedure results
procedure results_nohtp

Would you recommend as a test bed the approach you outline here: http://asktom.oracle.com/pls/ask/f?p=4950:8:9902943510168534793::NO::F4950_P8_DISPLAYID,F4950_P8_CRITERIA:668624442763

eg:

ops$tkyte_at_ORA9IR2> exec runStats_pkg.rs_start;
ops$tkyte_at_ORA9IR2> exec p1
ops$tkyte_at_ORA9IR2> exec runStats_pkg.rs_middle;
ops$tkyte_at_ORA9IR2> exec p2
ops$tkyte_at_ORA9IR2> exec runStats_pkg.rs_stop(1000);

Regards Received on Sun Feb 20 2005 - 22:44:06 CST