Re: RAC vs. J2EE

From: Galen Boyer <galenboyer_at_hotpop.com>
Date: 20 Feb 2005 10:45:47 -0600

I just wish one of these J2EE architects could give me a clear definition of this "business logic" they continue to throw out there. Also, the term "scalable" can definitely be tagged to a database solution but somehow that term is thrown about in the context of middletier as though it holds some new fangled fantastic approach.

I'm tired of the J2EE mentality myself. I'm completely able to say, that "tier" do this, this "tier" do that because the technologies in that particular "tier" make alot of sense. I just don't hear it from the J2EE crowd. They used to call Entity Beans "Industry Standard", now the find out they suck as well as session beans aren't all that they are cracked up to be, they are starting to crow about J2EE without entity beans. Yep, it is now called "industry standard".

Basically, get out of the business that databases do well and augment them why don't you?

--
Galen deForest Boyer