Re: Oracle Performance Tuning

From: <fitzjarrell_at_cox.net>
Date: 20 Feb 2005 06:30:40 -0800

sane wrote:
> well what im trying to find out is, how do i know the subject area :)
> aside from reading the oracle curriculum, is there anything i can do?
> dont have that much experience in oracle!
>
> Regards,
> sane

Interesting that you have a dearth of experience with Oracle yet feel having your OCP will do you any real good in the marketplace. Whence does this concept arise? It certainly flies in the face of any valid logic. Yes, you can be taught any nunmber of things; true benefit from teaching only comes from the personal experience of using what you have been taught in real-world situations, something you will not have after your coursework and exams are completed.

Simply having your OCP will do you no good without the work experience to back up your certification, so I fail to see how this can be of any verifiable benefit to you. But, it's your money; spend it as you see fit.

David Fitzjarrell Received on Sun Feb 20 2005 - 08:30:40 CST