Re: Read-only tablespaces and the undo log

From: Peter <peter.paton_at_transdim.com>
Date: 19 Feb 2005 07:35:20 -0800

In the past I've received a "snapshot too old" error while executing a select statement against a large table. I was told that this was a result of the database using the rollback segment (on 8i) to provide read consistency on the table. Was that incorrect? (This issue did seem to resolve itself when we positioned the table in a read-only tablespace.) Received on Sat Feb 19 2005 - 09:35:20 CST