Re: How to monitor shared_pool?

From: Joel Garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 18 Feb 2005 17:02:36 -0800

NetComrade wrote:
> All,
>
> To avoid getting ORA errors, we've always monitored share_pool to
have
> at least 5% free space, with 9i install Oracle seems more aggresive
> with utilizing all that space, and I keep getting paged for server
> getting under the threshold, statspack shows there is no point in
> increasing shared pool (it's 200M):
>
> Library Cache Activity for DB: BASE Instance: BASE Snaps: 71 -72
> ->"Pct Misses" should be very low

Maybe if you are not getting 4031's or 7445's, you should turn off the alert and smile with relief.

http://metalink.oracle.com/metalink/plsql/ml2_documents.showFrameDocument?p_database_id=BUG&p_id=4126849

Also, check out the bugs fixed in 9206
http://metalink.oracle.com/metalink/plsql/ml2_documents.showFrameDocument?p_database_id=NOT&p_id=283897.1 to see if any of those memory leaks apply to your situation. You might just have to flush and pin if you are having frag problems - maybe do that instead of paging :-)

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
VP of fraud solutions is named Crooks: