HOW TO MIGRATE 100 DBs from 8.1.7 to 9.2.05

From: AYEB Mounir via OracleMonster.com <forum_at_OracleMonster.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 10:56:27 GMT

Hi,

I have about 100 databases between 10Gbytes an 1.7Tbytes they was migrated from 7 to 8 with the migrate option of oracle and many of them still have blocs V7 My Question is :
what is the best way to migrate to V9i and profit from all the advantages of this version by

  1. illiminating the blocs V8 an V7
  2. usting the LMT
  3. using the optimizer of V9
  4. changing the db_block_size to bigger ( now 2K, 4K or 8K) Which of the nexts is the best ?
  5. use the migrate option and then make a reorg by moving segments to a temporary tablespace and then back to the first one
  6. use export , create the DB on V9 and then import even for the very large db ( 1.7 Tbytes )
  7. use SQL*LOADER , then create the Db on V9 and then SQL*LOADER

Please suggest me the best