standby db

From: <nitin_kaul_at_rediffmail.com>
Date: 15 Feb 2005 19:38:56 -0800

hi
I work on oracle 9.2.0.1.0...win2k

i take cold backup of physical standby(datagaurd) not primary ...coz cant have enough downtime....so instead of taking backup of primary is it ok if i backup stanby db..or is there any need to backup the primary control file.... the datafile location on primary is same as standby..

we work on archivelog mode...so we have archive files...only 1 month..

In case of any crash..let it be a disk or just a datafile corruption...can i restore it from stanby and if required apply archive to recover it if the cold backup was taken 1 week back....will there be any inconsistency..

regards
nitin Received on Tue Feb 15 2005 - 21:38:56 CST