Oracle9i binary compatability between AIX & Solaris

From: alexdg <alexdg_at_gmail.com>
Date: 15 Feb 2005 08:19:22 -0800

Hi,

I'm trying to make a copy of my database from an AIX 5.2 64bit server to a Solaris9 Sparc server. Basically I want to do it the fast way, by copying the datafiles, redo logs, control files & initialization param files from one server to another.

Is this possible? Are the DBF (and other files) compatible?

Is there any online documentation where I could read more about executing this procedure?

Thanx,
a. Received on Tue Feb 15 2005 - 10:19:22 CST