Re: Restore with new name

From: Mark Bole <makbo_at_pacbell.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 21:22:08 GMT

David Gray wrote:

> That's great thanks.
>
> One further question: Am I going to have to change the location of
> redo logs, tablespaces & control files etc before mounting the DB?
> Reason I ask is that the test server only has one large disk and the
> files are spread out over several on a production box.
>
> Cheers
> Dave.
>
> On Mon, 14 Feb 2005 17:57:42 GMT, Mark Bole <makbo_at_pacbell.net> wrote:
>

>>David Gray wrote:
[...]

>>>Any or pointers on how begin greatly received.
>>>
>>>Cheers
>>>	Dave.
>>
>>Check the documentation for the DBNEWID utility.
>>
>>http://download-west.oracle.com/docs/cd/B10501_01/server.920/a96652/ch14.htm

Well if it was Unix I'd just say, use symbolic links to make the new locations answer to the same pathnames as the old... but I don't know how to do that under Windows. Suggestion: even though you're not creating a logical standby, the documentation for doing so shows many of the same steps you may find yourself doing, such as renaming datafiles and on-line redo logs. (control files can be wherever you indicate in your (s)pfile). So, read through the steps for "creating a logical standby" in the Data Guard document and you'll see lots of details, and how to use the nid utility as well.

-Mark Bole Received on Mon Feb 14 2005 - 15:22:08 CST