Starting up an Instance, loading the init.ora ERROR

From: GKramer <gkramer_at_wxs.nl>
Date: 14 Feb 2005 11:21:39 -0800

hi all,

I'm desperate so I will ask you out there... Running and older version Oracle RDBMS (8.1.7.4) on a 2 CPU Intel4 Xeon 2,8 Mhz Server requires some extra attention installing but that went OK.

After several weeks working suddenly a reboot ended up NOT starting
(mounting the database) The services and the Instance have started but
no automatic load of the init.ora file (before this reboot it loaded automaticly). (default location \home\database folder). Opening a DBA console it promps a login in window asking to select the init.ora file. starting this one up manually it works fine but WHY does it stop loading this init.ora file automaticly???

Please help me out on this.

I'm not a regular visitor so please reply on my e-mail address
(gkramer_at_wxs.nl).

Regards,
GKramer
The Netherlands Received on Mon Feb 14 2005 - 13:21:39 CST