Re: Updating Oracle with latest patches

From: <bbulsara23_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 13 Feb 2005 06:48:09 -0800

Niall, thanks for this most interesting information. I would really appreciate a URL or Google search terms to pull out this autoupdate information for 10g. Interestingly we are already running two 10g databases. For our default everything installations, there is also not an option showing in the menu (on the Windows systems anyway) to "scan for" necessary updates. All I see are Oracle/Oracle - DevSuiteHome, Application Server - DevSuiteHome, and Developer Suite - DevSuiteHome. Are you referring to an optional component, third party, ....

As for the automatic updates for SQL Server, perhaps I was a little careless in what I wrote. What I should have written is that there are automatic updates for SQL Server 2000 desktop edition. To autoupdate this it is just a matter of windowsupdate.microsoft.com, detect, and downloading any patches. We don't do it like this though, we use SMS. Perhaps this is the same for SQL Server but I do not know.

Regards
Barry

Niall Litchfield wrote:
> "barry" <bbulsara23_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Hi, I administer SuSE linux 9, SQL Server 2000, Windows 2K,
Microsoft
> > Office, Sophos anti-virus, and Adobe Acrobat reader on a number of
> > networked machines. All of these have a facility to
"Download/update