Re: Db2, Oracle, SQL Server

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2005 11:27:00 -0800

Noons wrote:

>> Evicting a node in RAC is in the same ballpark.

> No it isn't. Do yourself a favour: setup a RAC test system
> and verify it yourself. It's got NOTHING to do with
> "20 seconds". It needs 0 - yes, ZERO - seconds to continue
> to operate. Got it?

And here's an offer for you Serge. I'll arrange for you to get the discounted PSOUG member price for a RAC class if you show up. Heck I'll even get a Board Member to take you out to dinner.

Quite frankly your "assumptions" about RAC or horrifyingly off the mark. Is it self-serving because of who writes your paychecks or is it ignorance? We can cure one of the two.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington