Re: sppurge (Statspack Purge) does not seem to free up space

From: Mark D Powell <Mark.Powell_at_eds.com>
Date: 11 Feb 2005 07:39:26 -0800

As I am sure you know deleting space from within an object does not give the space back to the tablespace. It does however make some space within the objects available for reuse.

If you are not using ASSM then I suggest altering all the statspack tables to have a higner pct_used value. This should make the table blocks available for reuse sooner and help slow growth.

You may want to go ahead and run alter table move and alter index rebuild or coalesce on the objects to force reclaiming of space.

HTH -- Mark D Powell -- Received on Fri Feb 11 2005 - 09:39:26 CST