Copying LONG RAW into BLOB fileds

From: Ciccio <ciccio_at_ciccio.it>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2005 16:01:55 +0100

Hi,

I'd need to copy pictures from a LONG RAW field in a oracle 8.0.5 db (OLD_DB) in a BLOB field on a oracle 9i2 (NEW_DB).

When I run a stored procedure on NEW_DB that does the following:

[...]

   MyPicture LONG RAW;
[...]

   SELECT PICTURE INTO MyPictures FROM PICTURES_at_OLD_DB;

I receive a ORA-01406 error (fetched column value was truncated).

What can I do to overcome this problem????

Thanks in advance! Received on Fri Feb 11 2005 - 09:01:55 CST